Friday, July 15, 2011

Days 3 & 4

I do realize that this blog is getting a little boring, but it's really just for my own personal account of daily work and I don't care if no one is reading it. That way when this beast is all finished I can look back and remind myself of how much work was put into this!

Opened the garage door today and found several flies buzzing around inside the truck. As I got closer, the smell was overwhelming. There must be a dead something back behind the bench seat. I'm afraid to find it. I'm guessing it must be a mouse or a bird, but like one of my other bolt buddies suggested, it could be Jimmy Hoffa. Maybe this truck was used to transport people back and forth to Gilgo Beach! We all know how that turned out.

Still can't get that one rusty bolt off of the passenger side door, so it is still attached. The hood is completely stripped of all paint and primer. A few rusty spots need to be sanded down still. I started stripping paint off the driver's side of the exterior cab and back towards the bed. However, I couldn't really spend a whole lot of time in that spot due to the odor of the rotting carcass. Heading back today with some more sandpaper and will spend a few hours there before I have to go to a 1st birthday party. No plans tomorrow so it's just me and my Chevy all day.

Check the updated pics. http://photobucket.com/Kims50Chevy

No comments: