Saturday, July 9, 2011

Towing & Tailgating

So Mike & Marlene offered up their towing expertise to bring this bad boy home! I rented a U-Haul trailer and we were set to go. As of the night before, Marlene's Uncle Joey got roped into coming with us. I guess Mike figured he needed another set of hands, since we had absolutely no clue how we were going to get this truck pulled up the huge hill in the yard, let alone up onto the trailer. We met at 7am and breakfast was the first item on the list. Finally on the road, we were Plumsted bound. The U-Haul rental process was an experience all in itself. Mike had to leave to find another store to find the right trailer hitch. It was just as well because the guy doing the paperwork couldn't get the damn computer working, so it took over an hour! Now we're hooked up and ready to go. Knox Farm was just a few minutes down the road. Much to my surprise, the truck was in the driveway waiting for us when we got there. Such a relief that we didn't have to drag it up the muddy hill. We laid down the ramps and I was insistent on using the come-along myself to pull this thing up! After all, the best man for that job is a woman and I refuse to let anyone make me believe that I can't restore this truck with my own two hands! We got it up there, secured it and we were on the road. By the way, I arrived home with one less tail light on the truck.

Mom agreed to let me store it in the garage at the preschool, which is now known as Discovery Garage. This is where I'll be spending majority of my free time for the next ten years! I decided to throw an impromptu tailgate party, however I wouldn't recommend sitting on the tailgate - because it might fall off. Everyone invited to the party was required to have an updated tetanus shot. I ran and got some hamburgers and hot dogs, with a little charcoal grill. We set up chairs and drank beers in the driveway like WT! It was a great turnout and I had an overall great day. Now that the novelty has worn off and everyone offering to lend a hand, let's see who shows up with sandpaper tomorrow when the real work begins!

No comments: